Thursday, May 6, 2010

show and tell


I loved showing my treasures to the lovely people at the workshop . It really felt like kindred spirits gathering together to explore some creative possibilities. I have collected a number of hand made books some of which are priceless. My absolute favourite is by a Ayano Takeuchi. Her work is breathtaking.
I first came across her work at THE STICKY INSTITUTE - I was just doing some photocopying there when she came in asking if they would stock her little book. I think everyone gasped when they saw it- and it really deserves a gasp. I will ask her permission to display an example of her work.
Her work is currently displayed at HAND HELD- more on that later.
It's really almost time to think about a hand made book festival...soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment