Tuesday, June 22, 2010

BROOCH BUSINESS





How does it happen? - I started out writing a book for my daughter ( apparently I'm a writer or so i thought) then somehow I did the illustrations,then decided to make a hand made version- then puppets popped into my head and then I had another paper idea - and here it is....

I'm so inspired by vintage illustrations - i was thinking how to share them for all of us to get joy from them. I don't mean that in a fluffy way - but really they are so beautiful and fun I wanted them to have a second life- so I made them into brooches. We don't know who drew them originally but we can still appreciate them.
I'm hoping to have an Etsy store in a few weeks but first we need to eat lots of Thai food as my Thai friend arrives to help me out for a few months. I'm trying really hard to not include anything about food in this blog but really I am a very big foody person but I'm trying not to talk about it .......cooking is a wonderfully creative activity ...oh, no it slipped out. Lets get back to paper and brooches.....many many many brooches have been born at my house lately.
It's a little side line activity when i'm tired and can't think anymore I just cut out paper- very relaxing.

No comments:

Post a Comment